The healthcare system is fragmented with many different types of providers and processes within each facility. Regardless of a patient’s insurance status, navigating through this system can prove challenging and frustrating, causing many to fall out of care. To streamline processes for more efficient easier to access care, everyone in the community must work together.
PCC builds relationships across provider boundaries and across systems of care. Within the Breast Health Initiative, PCC brings together all providers along the continuum of breast health care to evaluate systems, identify areas for improvement, and enhance communication for positive change in the entire community. We:
- Work with individual safety-net clinics to identify priority mammography providers and develop action plans to meet screening needs within each community.
- Facilitate meetings of key clinic and hospital leadership and assemble clinic teams to assess and referral and follow-up processes and determine new test activities.
- Negotiate contracts for mammography services
- Convene regular meetings with Breast Health Quality Consortium members to develop an advocacy plan for policy and systems change and generate data collection tools
- Gather data from breast health providers on outcomes along the continuum of care
- Interview regional providers as part of an environmental scan to identify best practices and areas for improvement within regional provider facilities